Capabilities and Equipment
Sinclair Interplanetary has a small but well-stocked lab for building microsatellite equipment.
- Soldering assembly equipment:
- Nitrogen-atmosphere reflow oven
- BGA rework station
- Hot-air pencils, soldering irons, and board preheaters
- Tin-lead solder pot for removing lead-free coatings
- X-ray microscope, with 80 kV tube and 10 um focal spot, for non-destructive testing
- Side-looking optical BGA inspection microscope
- Calibrated solder temperature measuring equipment, traceable to national standards and compliant with J-STD-001ES.
- Cable harness tools including specialized wire strippers, crimp tools, high-voltage insulation tester, etc.
- Potting and encapsulation facility
- Power supplies up to 1 kV DC
- Lathe / winding machine
- 4-Axis milling machine
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Calibrated calipers, micrometers, dial indicators with traceability to national standards
- Class 10 laminar-flow hood for clean assembly
- Thermal chamber with electric heat and liquid nitrogen cooling
- Sun simulator lamp
- High vacuum (1E-7 Torr)
- Solid Edge CAD
- Zemax Premium optical modeling
- Development tools for C and assembly programming on various targets